Saturday, December 31, 2011

Be who you want to be.

but how?

Some people are extroverted. Some people are introverted. Some people drink a lot. Some people smoke a lot. Some people get highly involved in whatever they're doing. Some people keep to themselves and soul search.

I feel like life is like finding the right recipe of actions, substances, and relationships and implementing them all properly enough and in the right order to eventually, without even trying, create the person you want to be. It's a recipe you don't know, and you have to test the recipe using various ingredients, so you end up trying over and over and over.

Ugh, this epiphany sounded so much more eloquent in my head.


Honestly, it's the "outgoing personality" that baffles me.
Whenever I hang out with someone dashingly outgoing, regal, and clever, I just wonder, HOW DO YOU DO IT?!

I'm not talking about the ordinary "outgoing" I'm talking about the "outgoing" that makes it obvious that everyone in the room likes this outgoing person. Everyone wants to talk to him/her, everyone likes what he/she has to say, he/she feels comfortable around the majority of people, et cetera.

One reason I got into psychology is because my entire life I've always been interested in HOW people become just WHO THEY ARE. In counseling classes it was amazing learning about how influential life experiences and growing up are on the adult's personality/psychology.



I feel too young and naïve to really understand this concept; even if the answer sat itself in my lap... But I want to, so badly.

1 comment:

  1. I think what you mean by these "outgoing" people are the ones who are very charismatic yeah? The ones who are always seemingly happy and just ooze friendly charm?

    Yeah, I don't quite understand how they do it either.

    ReplyDelete