Friday, October 28, 2011

A day in the life of a college student.

Overworked and underpaid; hello, I am a student.

I stay up too late and get up too early. I work hard to learn what I wish, and slack off on general education classes. I don't have all my priorities straight, and I'm still trying to figure myself out. Sometimes alcohol is my friend, other times my worst enemy.

At 2:00am I could be at the bars, or in the library. I'm pretty sure the coffee shop calls my name.  Am I sick, or is it just lack of sleep? Oh how I wish I never had to get out of bed.

I miss my family. I'm nostalgic for a past life, and yet I believe the longer I'm here, the better my present and future will be.  What do I want to major in? Where will I be 4 years from now? Do you think I'll meet my future spouse here?

I must go abroad. This place opens my eyes and opens my heart to the world.
I have too many advisers that don't advise. Just get me out of here for a while!

Here's to random road trips across the state to take a break from studying. Here's to taking off our pajama pants to meet a friend at the pubs.  Here's to getting involved and loving every second of it. Here's to meeting the most amazing people of our lives. Here's to meeting our future husband or wife. Here's to music, here's to laughter, here's to love, here's to the future.

Who was I before I came here? I'm not entirely sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment