Monday, July 9, 2012

Catie listens to the Internet again!

So I know nothing about beauty products. Well, next to nothing. I came across my friend Addi's new beauty blog today and watched her first video (which was 20 minutes long, mind you.) She has beauty products I've never even heard of that does things to certain layers of skin, certain parts of you, whatever that I didn't know people ever did before. Does this mean I'm super behind on this, "maybe I should start taking care of my skin and spending better money on make-up so I don't look 60 when I'm 40" thing?

Anyway, what I'm about to post pictures of has nothing to do with that.

I've been on a role when it comes to listening to the Internet, which ironically has stemmed from the fact that I wanted to spend less time derping around on the Internet. By listening to it I'm doing the crafts and recipes from the bookmarks I've made or whatever I've Stumbled Upon lately rather than drooling over pages of Tumblr and bookmarking more crafts I'll never do until I stay away from the Interwebz.

Today, after I failed at dying my hair dark auburn brown,

I remembered a tutorial I had seen for making wings on your eyelids with eyeliner. You can tell I'm a noob from the way I described the thing. Anyway I never wear liquid eyeliner except for special occasions but I wanted to try this technique I saw

First I taped my eyes like a derpette.
Then I abused the advantage of the tape and sloppily swapped on some liquid eyeliner, going a little past the edge of my eye

Took the tape of and voila! Beautiful winged eyeliner. Is this how everyone does it? Because I couldn't do this look without the tape...

Ta-da! Experimentation got Catie to actually spend time on make up today! Confidence boost, aww yeah.

The fact that I've been posting on Blogger a lot means I have way too much free time on my hands. Every day we get outside and walk around for whatever reason, which is great, but I still need some kind of purpose! I'm excited though that we'll start volunteering more soon :)

Ish is actually coming back to our place on Wednesday and then flying back to Minneapolis sometime at the end of the week. I'm excited to hang out with him again!

2 comments:

  1. I never used the tape trick for eyeliner. I mostly just do it to get really sharp lines with eyeshadow.

    Looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blushes* Oh gosh. You're not behind at all, love! I didn't even know about the tape trick, but I'll have to try that sometime :D
    And I'm sorry that the first one was so long haha. I couldn't for the life of me get the edited one up!

    ReplyDelete