Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Break

YEAH PARTIES ON THE BEACH, WOOO!!!
...
NOT.

Zach worked overnights the first weekend and I didn't do much. I had started polishing my cover letters and resumes to send them out to places in Seattle. Sunday I think I sent out my first 10 or 11 and throughout the week I only added a few more making the grand total of applications I sent out 14.

Erica, my friend from my hometown, drove up to Minnesota from Wisconsin to hang out with people she'd met here and visit with me. We met up in the cities at Chino Latino for my roommate's birthday and from there we went to Gay 90s night club and had a fantastic night there.

Erica and I didn't do much together, but we both needed the break. I showed her around St. Cloud a bit, we hit up the mall and got some amazing deals (for instance, I got 2 bras for $2!). After she left Wednesday I had a 3 to 10:30 shift at the gas station.

Thursday I think I snuggled up with Zach a bit, spent some time with him and sent out a few more job applications, looked at hundreds more. Friday I worked from 1pm to 11pm at Cenex and Saturday took on a 8am to 3pm shift. Went for a run afterwards and while Zach was at work I met up with some people and we hung out at the pubs for a bit. Zach joined us after work and it was fun.

And, suddenly it's Sunday. I've been recovering from last night (and my run yesterday) and playing a bit of video games all day. I watched an australian movie called Mary and Max; it was incredibly sad but a really good story that apparently was based on true events.

It's almost 9pm and soon I'll have to crack open my Personality Psych book and catch up on some readings; but it's okay because I LOVE reading for personality psych. I can't help but want to share/discuss everything I learn.

I do NOT want to go back to the grind tomorrow! I knew spring break would be the biggest tease for my stress. The crazy starts all over: Monday 9am to 11am FORL office, 11:15 to 4:30 Internship at Element, and then from 5 to 10:30 I have a shift at the gas station. If it sounds awful that's because it IS awful. From there the week only gets more full and stressful.

Enough complaining.
I have good news/updates

I spoke with the department chair of the Student Development Administration program at Seattle University because I had some questions regarding my status on the waiting list, what to do about graduate assistantships, and whether I should fill out FAFSA. He instructed me to be "cautiously optimistic" that I will move up the waiting list and be admitted into the program. He also said the search committee loved my application and were sad they couldn't invite all qualified candidates to the program (there are only 25 seats, I believe!) Apparently there have been several candidates who denied their accpetance and he thinks there will "undoubtedly be more."

I started FAFSA yesterday :D
Also, I'm fairly confident in my job search. I am applying to jobs that I feel qualified for and with all of my resume and cover letter practice, they're only getting better and better and I have faith I'll find a job out there. I just gotta keep sending out those apps. I can't get a job if I don't try!

No comments:

Post a Comment